2010年7月23日金曜日

ファッションと筋トレ

Getting Fit With Style – Don't Dress Like a Gym Rat!


Updated October 23, 2009

Many people who decide to get fit, forget everything they know about fashion and style. I am not sure what the deal is, but as soon as someone gets in great shape they take every opportunity to show off their new physique. If you dress in sleeveless shirts and tank tops 75% of the time, then this post is for you. If you wear sweat pants in public and have no intention of working out, then pleeeease read this post. I'm just trying to help!





[Women like it when a man dresses up every now and then. Even though this guy is wearing dress clothes, you can tell he is fit.]



Showing off Your Rocking Body Without Trying Too Hard



When you get in great shape and look good, you do want to show it off a bit…but you want to do it in a strategic way. The best approach to take in my opinion is to have a 'funky' look if you are going to wear super-fitted clothes. A woman who dresses like a stripper will get attention, but the one who dresses in hip Urban clothes will create a sexier look.



Fitted vs. Tight Clothing



I have to admit it, I do have a few t-shirts that are pretty darn tight…but I normally save those for lounging around at home or going to the grocery store. When you are hitting the town, it is best to aim for fitted clothes. Also, slim people can probably get away with tighter clothes than overly muscular people…this is just an observation. Whenever I see a guy with 18 inch biceps in a tight t-shirt, I just can't help think how cheesy this looks. On the flip side, slim 'indie rockers' look cool in tight t-shirts.



Overly Baggy is Just as Bad, If Not Worse Than Too Tight



I never liked the baggy look. It just looks cheap to me. Fine clothes are tailored to fit. You don't have to get clothes tailored, but aim for clothes that look like they were made to fit your body. The sagging pants deal has been big in the hip-hop scene for close to 20 years, but luckily that look is finally dying. Sorry…the waist of your pants should be at least somewhere close to your waist. Wearing at the level of your hips is fine, wearing them below your butt is not!





[My girlfriend is a fashion designer and she makes high-end dresses...I had to throw this photo in for her. She likes the way women look in dresses and so do I.]



Pay Attention to Style and Create Your 'Look'



Have you ever thought about how clothes are a big part of first impressions. People have to use shortcuts to decide what someone is all about…they simply don't have time to talk to every person that they run across. A guy with a leather vest and handlebar mustache will send off different signals than a man in a tailored suit. A girl wearing a summer dress looks different than a girl with a hooded sweatshirt. I'm not saying one look is better than the other (well I am kind of) I am just saying that people do judge you based on your overall look.



People Do Enjoy a Unique Look the Person Can Pull it Off



I love it when someone has a funky style or has their own look. A good example of this is Beck. Pretty much nobody else could look good wearing some of the stuff this guy wears, but he makes it look cool. He "owns it"…he is congruent with the look. As long as the look seems to fit the personality of the person, then outlandish and wild looks cool.



Speaking of Beck…You Gotta Love "Gamma Ray"



[Yeah...I'm partial to Indie Rock...especially the new stuff mixed with Industrial. Remember, I live in downtown Seattle and we eat this stuff up.]



I Bought the New Album by MGMT today…"Brilliant"!



[Yeah...no fashion tips here, but just an amazing new band. These guys should be huge...they have an indie sound with some late 80's new wave synthesizers in this song. Every song on this album is exceptional...two thumbs up!]



I'll Throw in One More Video…Band of Horses



[Theses guys have the extra scruffy look, that works for them. You would almost have to be in a band to pull this look off. Don't let their looks fool you, they put out some beautiful tunes.]



So Back to Style…



I just can't help it, I love music and especially unique bands. Okay…so the idea with fashion is to not get stuck in a rut where you only wear workout clothing. I have seen bodybuilding videos where the guys are walking around downtown in those weird baggy Everlast pants and cut sweatshirts. Sorry…totally corny!



Another Reason to Stay Slim Instead of Bulky



You will look better in a variety of different types of clothing. A slim GQ looking guy looks cool in a sleeveless shirt and jeans…a massive guy can't pull this off in the same way. A slim and fit female looks great in a cocktail dress…a female bodybuilder in a cocktail dress looks like…'a female bodybuilder in a cocktail dress'! If you are bigger, you almost need to 'tone down' your look a bit to look cool.



You Can Workout Without Going to the Dark Side




Unfortunately most of the big fitness sites and magazines still have people working out in WAY too much spandex for my liking. You don't have to transport back to the 80's and to pick out your gym clothing. I'm not saying that I dress up for the gym, but I certainly look like I have progressed to the new millennium. When I go into the free weight room these thoughts run through my head…"Welcome to the year 2000 people"…"I am from the future where spandex has been outlawed"…"I come in peace and mean you no harm".



Bottom Line, Don't Just Get Fit, Pay Attention to Style As Well!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿